A large majority of businesses are not fully embracing the current state of marketing as it exists today. They’re leaving customers, opportunities, growth, relevance, and money on the table because of their unwillingness to adapt and try new things! The best place to reach your audience is where they’re already communicating.
If you have an audience under the age of 30 – they’re on Snapchat.
Something we hear often from customers are “how many platforms there are?” and “do I have to be on all of them?” The short answer, yes, but only if you can be effective on each network.
So what is Snapchat?
Snapchat is an app (for iOS & Android) that allows users to share pictures, videos, and text that disappear after a selected duration of time. The appeal of Snapchat for businesses is how quickly you can communicate with users and the ability for a longer narrative via “Stories.”
Why use Snapchat?
Snapchat holds immense opportunity for business marketing because it has yet to be saturated by ads and sales pitches in the way that so many other social platforms have. Connecting with your future consumers and current customers in a casual, down-to-earth way is the key when it comes to this platform. It can add authenticity to your brand and provide valuable resources for your audience.
Here are just a few statistics to help you see exactly what opportunities you’re missing out on by not utilizing Snapchat:
• 110 Million active daily users
• Surpassed Twitter & Pinterest in active users
• 10+ Billion daily video views
• 71% of users prefer Snapchat messaging to any other form of messaging
How can a golf course use Snapchat effectively?
What is so wonderful about Snapchat (and all the platforms for that matter) is the ability to connect you with your members on a much more personal level – showcase that authenticity that consumers are longing for from brands. The ‘Snapchat Generation’ demands more transparency and being an early adopter on an emerging platform allows you to act first and garner more attention. Here are a few ways to use Snapchat for your club or course:
• Send impromptu discount/coupon codes
• Show behind-the-scenes action
• Talk about new merchandise/products
• Review equipment
• Quick golf tips
• Introduce new employees
• Course conditions
The sense of urgency that Snapchat provides is something we encourage businesses to tap into. Your customers pay closer attention because they don’t want to miss out on any deals, news, updates or information (provided that you produce content they’re interested in). The information on Snapchat doesn’t live on forever like other platforms, so the experience feels more real, authentic and exclusive. Your customers are sharing their experiences with you on a more personal level – making interactions more intimate. The overall objective of any marketing strategy is to connect with the customer and build brand loyalty – all in an effort for them to use and recommend your services more frequently by becoming brand ambassadors. We think Snapchat is a wonderful tool for businesses to help them accomplish just that.
Here are few ideas to let your customers know that you’re on Snapchat:
• Add your snapchat username to the “about” section of your other social accounts.
• Use your other accounts update followers that you’re now on Snapchat.
• Use other platforms to “tease” content that is only available via your Snapchat.
• Ask customers to do a “Snapchat Takeover” so that you can leverage their followers.
• Update your website with the Snapchat icon & information.
• Write a blog article or include in your newsletter what you’ll be doing with Snapchat.